Are You Doing What God Has Called You to Do?
We each have an individual purpose that God has ordained us to fulfill before we were even conceived in our mother’s womb (Jeremiah 1:5). As you are growing in intimacy with God, He will reveal what your assignment is in this present season of life. It is common for Christians in modern society to want God to show them who they should be in their completed and perfected state, and to reveal to them every single detail of the course of their entire lives. However, according to scripture, we know that God only reveals His plan for our lives to us in part (1 Corinthians 13:9).
We have developed a chart to outline some of the biblical principles that define purpose, and what this concept looks like in the larger scheme of our lives. This chart is not designed to provide you with the clarity that you can only get from being intimate with Christ. However, this chart will aid you in your journey to know if you are heading in the right direction according to the Word of God.
It is important to remember that your main ministry may not be in the setting of the “church”. You may be called to the education, media, government, technology, business, or government sector for this particular season. It is possible to also be called to multiple spheres of influence within the same season. This does not mean that you are not to serve in a local church body. We are all called to the local assembly for corporate praise, worship, prayer, exhortation, edification, and impartation (Hebrews 10:25). We are all called to fellowship with a community in Christ.
We encourage you to continue seeking the face of God in prayer, in His Word, and in His presence. We declare that you His hear voice with conviction, confirmation, and clarity concerning what He has placed inside of you to be released into the earth. Don’t forget to check out our strategies to increase and diversify your prayer time, so that you may receive the answers that you seek.
This chart should be read as a collective analysis of the different traits or characteristics that your purpose should include, produce, and exemplify. Your purpose:
- Highlights your Abilities, Gifts, Talents, or Skills (Exodus 35:10, James 1:7, Proverbs 22:29, Ephesians 2:10)
- Glorifies God and Matures You Spiritually (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Exudes Passion or Zeal (Colossians 1:29, Ecclesiastes 9:10, 2 Timothy 1:6)
- Helps Others (Hebrews 13:16, Matthew 10:8)
- Impacts your Community, Society, or the World (Matthew 28:19, Revelation 22:2)
- Gives you Peace, Hope, & a Final Outcome concerning it (Jeremiah 29:11, Philippians 4:7, Romans 14:17)
- Motivates You to actively Set Goals & Standards towards it (Habakkuk 2:2)
- Creates A Legacy (Proverbs 13:22, Psalm 78:4)